Privacy Notice – Candidates and Potential Candidates
Company Contact Details: Kiera Mauro, Operations Director (Data Protection Officer where jurisdiction requires one)
The Company is a recruitment business which provides work-finding services to its clients and work-seekers. The Company must process personal data so that it can provide these services – in doing so, the Company acts as a data controller.
You may give your personal details to the Company directly, such as via our website, or we may collect them from another source such as social media. The Company must have a legal basis for processing your personal data. For the purposes of providing you with work-finding services and/or information relating to roles relevant to you we will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms of the following statement.
1. Collection and use of personal data – (no automated decision-making is carried out)
a. Purpose of processing and usage
The Company will collect/has collected your personal data and will process this for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. This includes for example, contacting you about job opportunities, assessing your suitability for those opportunities, updating our databases, putting you forward to our clients for job opportunities, and developing and managing our services and relationship with you and our clients.
Data collected includes:
- Personal data such as: Name, Address, Contact Details (Phone/Email), Date of Birth, Gender, Education and Qualifications, Work Experience, Employment History, Current Salary
- A record of correspondence between us and you or us and our clients
- Information from any recruitment assessments carried out
- Feedback about you from our clients (for example, interview notes and comments.
b. Legal Basis: Legitimate interest
We rely on the legitimate interests legal basis to process your personal data. Namely, it is in our and your interests for us to assess whether you may be interested in our work-finding services, to help you find employment, to fulfil our obligations under agreements with our clients (third parties) so that we can help you find employment and to keep our database up-to-date and accurate.
c. Legal Basis: Compliance with a legal obligation
We may be required to share your personal data in connection with civil or criminal proceedings or to comply with other legal obligations.
d. Third-party recipients of data
The Company will process your personal data with the following third-party recipients (Data Processors). The providers detailed have their own privacy policies/agreements with us and owe contractual, confidentiality and data protection obligations to us, and to you:
Clients (who are offering vacancies you may be interested in, or who are interested in your profile – your data is only processed with your consent)
- ‘Invenias’ (Provider of CRM services)
- ‘Predictive Index’ (Provider of behavioural assessments where used)
- ‘Quostar’ (Provider of IT services)
- ‘Citrix’ (Provider of portal used when emailing your data to clients)
- Personal data documents provided to our clients on your behalf (eg CV/resume) is shared in a separate portal: the information is encrypted, has secure user access and secure upload/download functionality.
Transfers to other countries
The Company may transfer the personal data you provide to us to other countries for the purposes and benefit of providing you with work-finding services (in advance of you entering into a contract) and will ask your permission to do this before it is sent. You may withdraw this consent at any time by contacting your Consultant or email email@example.com. We take steps to ensure adequate protections are in place to ensure the security of your information, including using a secure portal with password-protected login access. Candidates and clients are reminded that other countries may have less adequate data protection standards.
2. Data retention
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal requirements. We view our relationship with you as being one which is to support your career through numerous roles and assignments. Accordingly, we may retain your data for a period of time which is materially greater than simply one placement if we reasonably believe that we will continue to have an ongoing relationship with you.
3. Your rights
Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right of access to the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right to rectification of your personal data;
- The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest;
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
- The right to withdraw consent at any time.
You can exercise any of the above rights by emailing Kiera Maura at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if you withdraw your consent to further processing that does not affect any processing done prior to the withdrawal of that consent, or which is done according to another legal basis.
There may be circumstances where the Company will still need to process your data for legal or official reasons. We will inform you if this is the case. Where this is the case, we will restrict the data to only what is necessary for the purpose of meeting those specific reasons.
If you believe that any of your data that the Company processes is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us using the details above and we will take reasonable steps to check its accuracy and correct it where necessary.
You can also contact us using the above details if you want us to restrict the type or amount of data we process for you, access your personal data or exercise any of the other rights listed above.
4. Source of the personal data
In instances where you did not personally provide the Company with your data, we will have sourced it by one or more of the following means:
- Social media (e.g. LinkedIn) – This information came from publicly accessible sources.
- Company websites – This information came from publicly accessible sources.
- Referral – This information did not come from publicly accessible sources.
5. Complaints or queries
If you wish to complain about this privacy notice or any of the procedures set out in it please contact: Kiera Mauro at email@example.com.
You also have the right to raise concerns with the relevant data protection authority if you believe that your data protection rights have not been adhered to.
Clients and Potential Clients
Collection and use of personal data
Collection of data is usually limited to name, job title, organisation and contact details. We also seek further information from other sources such as social media, press and an organisations’ website. This enables us to contact you about our work-finding services, carry out research, provide you with market intelligence, invite you to relevant events, and generally ensure our relationship runs smoothly. You may have contacted us proactively or we will have contacted you.
We rely on the legitimate interests legal basis to process your personal data. Namely, it is in our and your interests for us to contact you about our services in order to provide your organisation with suitable candidates and also to help improve and develop our services further.
Your data will be shared with a suitable pool of candidates.
Please refer to Section 3 above for an overview of your rights and who you can contact at Executives in Africa to exercise any of them.